The Home Builders & Remodelers Association of WMass members and local legislators attended the recent Legislative Breakfast held at the MassMutual Learning & Conference Center in Chicopee held on Friday, April 7th.
State Lobbyist Ben Fierro was the moderator of the breakfast and gave an overview of all the legislative issues coming before the Massachusetts legislature in the upcoming year.
Some key issue discussed were:
• Baker-Polito Administration’s Housing Choice Initiative
• Chapter 40R Starter Home Program
• Mass DEP: Regulatory Reform (Title 5)
• Mass DPU: Interconnection Electric/Gas Issues
• Board of Building Regulations & Standards Legislation
• Update of Fire Sprinklers Legislation for 1 & 2 Family Homes.
It was a great opportunity for our membership and the state legislative leaders to network and learn what is impacting our industry.
If you missed this event, be sure to plan to attend next year’s breakfast.
Thank you to all the legislators and their aides for attending this breakfast:
Senator Don Humason
Senator James Welch
Joel McAuliffe – Aide to Representative Eric Lesser
Representative Michael Finn
Representative Solomon Israel Goldstein Rose
Chris Cappucci – Aide to Representative Paul Mark
Paige Dolinski – Aide to Representative Paul Mark
Representative Angelo Puppolo
Representative Aaron Vega
Representative Joseph Wagner